Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Woman blames Facebook for divorce



Story by Mike Parker/WBBM

CHICAGO (WBBM) -- Some people get so obsessed with social media that it can cost them their marriage.

Divorce, as a result of Facebook or Twitter, is a growing problem.

Shari knows it well.  While married with two kids, she got hooked on Facebook.

"I was spending sometimes four or five hours a day when I should've been cooking dinner or reading to my kids or watching a movie with my husband or just talking to my husband," said Shari.

She acquired 5,000 Facebook friends and 1,000 followers over time.

Gradually, her husband found out she had been trading messages with her ex-boyfriends when the battles began.

The marriage ended, and it's not the only one.

A survey by CensusWide suggests one divorce in seven is the result of social media.

"That sounds very low to me, to be honest," said Christine Svenson, a divorce lawyer.  "The social media world seems to crop up in at least half of my divorce cases," she said.

Shari is working to tame her obsession.







For more information about the Summit Murder Mystery series, CLICK HERE 
To order your copy of Murder on Kilimanjaro, CLICK HERE
Follow Charles Irion on Twitter HERE
Friend Charles Irion on Facebook HERE
Visit Charles Irion's YouTube channel HERE 

No comments:

Post a Comment