Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Man Reportedly Ordered To Suppot Ex-Wife's Ice Cream Habit

One of the craziest divorce stories I've heard in a while! 

According to India Today, a Mumbai man -- who, according to his ex, is worth millions of dollars -- complained in divorce proceedings that his ex had wasted all of his money on ice cream.

So what did the Mumbai family court do? The presiding judge reportedly ordered the husband to pay his ex-wife an extra 150 rupees (or US$2.50) per month to buy ice cream. This is in addition to the 85,000 rupees per month (or US$1,396.89) that he was asked to pay in spousal support. It's only fair, right?

It's not the first time a divorce court has handed down an unusual ruling. In February 2012, a judge ordered a man to apologize on Facebook for a negative status he posted about his ex-wife.

To order my book Divorce Hell, please click HERE
For more information about Divorce Hell, please click HERE
For more information about my Summit Murder Mystery series, please click HERE
To order my newest book Murder on Kilimanjaro, please click HERE
Follow me on Twitter HERE
Like my Facebook page HERE
Connect with me on LinkedIn HERE  

Article source: Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment